Be sure to check out all the cosmetics (including nail products) you can buy at Apothica.com!
- 2013 (3)
- 2012 (156)
- 2011 (92)
- Happy New Year!
- Fingerpaints Winter Wishes w/ Orly Glitz & Glamour...
- Savvy Garland
- Combating Winter Cuticles
- The holidays are over and more updates...
- Merry Christmas!
- ChG Sugarplums (frankened up)
- Giveaway - Born Pretty Store (CLOSED)
- Zoya Valerie
- SpaRitual Optical Illusion
- Comparison: Zoya Valerie vs. OPI Tease-y Does It
- Hard Candy Sky
- CSN Stores
- A few BB Couture Swatches
- Holiday Giveaway #4 - 12/14/10 - 12/21/10
- Giveaway Reminder
- Blogger Round-Up
- Color Club Enchanted Holiday Mini Set
- Zoya Free Spoon Friday
- Lemmings come in strange places
- Another blog sale update
- A couple Sephora by OPI swatches
- China Glaze Crackle Polish
- Born Pretty Store: Christmas Candy Mani
- Holiday Giveaway #3 - 12/7/10 - 12/14/10
- Born Pretty Store: Dried Flowers Mani
- Franken - Blackened Gold
- Blog Sale - UPDATED (again)
- A few Deborah Lippmann swatches
- RBL Sale Haul
- Zoya wants you as a Fan...
- OPI acquired by Coty, Inc.
- 2009 (156)
Megan Williams (A Polish Problem). Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, December 29, 2010
12/29/2010 03:32:00 PM | Posted by Megan (A Polish Problem) | Edit Post
Both of these polishes are from their brands respective winter collections. Neither of which I gave much attention to. I didn't really notice the Fingerpaints collections because those can be so hit-or-miss at my Sally's that I didn't want to lem one only to not be able to find it. And I didn't pay much attention to the Orly collection, because just about the time it came out... Orly decided to make all the etailers jack up their prices to $6 a bottle (hrmph, Orly).
Anyway, like Savvy Garland, which I posted about previously, I happened to find these at Sally Beauty for half-off the clearance price. So, they were $2 each. Woohoo. :)
Fingerpaints Winter Wishes is a champagne base with tons of silver and pale gold glitter (and there's possibly a small amount of orange in there). I'm a sucker for golden polishes, so I fell head-over-heels for this one. The glitter seems rather fine, but it was still quite gritty. I have several coats of TC on my nails in this pic and it was smooth at that point, but it took at least 2 to get remotely smooth. That said, I tend to use a thinner quick-dry TC, so I suppose if you were to use Seche Vite, it would take less. The formula was a bit thick, so you had to be patient with it. Pic is 2 coats.
Orly Glitz & Glamour is a very warm gold metallic. Again, I'm a sucker for gold, so I had to pick this one up as well. I love this one on my tips and I can't wait to use it as a full mani.
To create this look, I used one coat of basecoat, Jessica Critical Care and 2 coats of Winter Wishes. I then applied a coat of TC and my Qtica Half-Time drops. That was last night. Then, this morning, I applied my french mani guides and applied Glitz & Glamour to my tips. Then I applied a coat of TC, silver holo stars from my Art Club Christmas rhinestones pack, and 2 coats of TC to set the stars.
I realize it's only the 29th, and I'm almost certain, this won't make it 2 more days on my (darn NP ADD), but I think this would be a perfect NYE mani. :)