Be sure to check out all the cosmetics (including nail products) you can buy at Apothica.com!
- 2013 (3)
- 2012 (156)
- 2011 (92)
- Happy New Year!
- Fingerpaints Winter Wishes w/ Orly Glitz & Glamour...
- Savvy Garland
- Combating Winter Cuticles
- The holidays are over and more updates...
- Merry Christmas!
- ChG Sugarplums (frankened up)
- Giveaway - Born Pretty Store (CLOSED)
- Zoya Valerie
- SpaRitual Optical Illusion
- Comparison: Zoya Valerie vs. OPI Tease-y Does It
- Hard Candy Sky
- CSN Stores
- A few BB Couture Swatches
- Holiday Giveaway #4 - 12/14/10 - 12/21/10
- Giveaway Reminder
- Blogger Round-Up
- Color Club Enchanted Holiday Mini Set
- Zoya Free Spoon Friday
- Lemmings come in strange places
- Another blog sale update
- A couple Sephora by OPI swatches
- China Glaze Crackle Polish
- Born Pretty Store: Christmas Candy Mani
- Holiday Giveaway #3 - 12/7/10 - 12/14/10
- Born Pretty Store: Dried Flowers Mani
- Franken - Blackened Gold
- Blog Sale - UPDATED (again)
- A few Deborah Lippmann swatches
- RBL Sale Haul
- Zoya wants you as a Fan...
- OPI acquired by Coty, Inc.
- 2009 (156)
Megan Williams (A Polish Problem). Powered by Blogger.
Friday, December 17, 2010
12/17/2010 04:58:00 PM | Posted by Megan (A Polish Problem) | Edit Post
A few weeks ago, right after Riva came out, I tweeted that I was finally going to spring for my first Chanel polish. I had my cart all loaded up, my cc info entered, when I realized I was spending almost 30 bucks on a nail polish. Now, I'm not opposed to spending that much, I just decided it was kinda silly to spend that on Riva as, from what I understand, it's pretty dupey (if you know where to look).
One of the dupes that I'd seen bantered about was ChG Moody Blue. Unfortunately, Moody Blue is d/c'd and I've only been able to find it for around $20 shipped. For that price, I might as well buy the Riva, if you KWIM. Then I discovered that Hard Candy Sky is also a very close fascimile to Riva. Of course, then I realized that HC Sky is also a d/c color, but as luck would have it... it's been re-released as part of Hard Candy's new Wal-Mart line. I never thought I say this, but yay for Wal-Mart. LOL.
I picked this up a few weeks ago, and finally had the chance to try it out.
Sky is a pale, slightly-dusty blue with just a tiny hint of green. There's also a "secret" iridescent shimmer, just like with the Chanel (though, I think the shimmer in this is a tad more pronounced than in Riva) That said, I don't know if this is an exact dupe for Riva, I just know that for $4, it works for me. :) Especially when you consider it made my skin around my nails look red (it looks much worse in this pic). I suppose that's because of the green in this color. This is 3 coats and a TC to even out the finish. I had no real problem with Hard Candy's formula, though I did find it to be a bit thin.
FYI... Rmcandlelight at Nails Beautiqued did an excellent comparison post. So be sure to check that out to see them side-by-side.
Hard Candy Sky was purchased by me at Wal-Mart.