Be sure to check out all the cosmetics (including nail products) you can buy at Apothica.com!
- 2013 (3)
- Today's Nails - NerdLacquer It's Just a Flesh Woun...
- Blogger Round Up Reminder
- Today's Nails - HazeGlaze Mystique
- Today's Nails - Barielle Shannon's Attitude
- Today's Nails - Zoya Megan
- Candeo Colors Dolce
- Nail Shape
- Zoya Surf Collection Review
- Zoya Beach Collection Review
- Press Release - Zoya Beach & Surf
- Happy Saint Patrick's Day!
- Friday Blogger Round Up for 3/16/2012
- Today's Nails - Glitter Layering
- Today's Nails - Zoya Lolly
- Blog Maintenance Update
- Tie-Dyed Nails
- Yesterday's Nails - Zoya Robyn with OPI Gone Gonzo...
- Jessica Heavy Petal Collection Review
- Yesterday's Nails - Zoya Ki
- "The Revolution" Casting for Women with Nail Healt...
- Yesterday's Nails - BB Couture for Nails Adios MoF...
- The New Black Ombre Shades - Rover Review
- Yesterday's Nails: Crazy Navy
- Makeup.com 5 Tips for a Long-Lasting, Marathon Man...
- Blog Roll Maintenance and Blogger Round Ups
- Yesterday's Nails: Sunnyside Up!
- Nubar Polka Dots Collection Review
- Julep Oscar Collection Review
- 2011 (92)
- 2010 (223)
- 2009 (156)
Megan Williams (A Polish Problem). Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, March 15, 2012
3/15/2012 03:21:00 PM | Posted by Megan (A Polish Problem) | Edit Post
As you all probably know by now, I am currently in a glitter-obsessed phase. I can't seem to wear anything on my nails that isn't covered in glitter in one way or another. Today's manicure is no exception. If you are anything like me, you may think about possible manicure ideas before going to sleep. Sad, but I guess that's goes with the territory. Well, this idea came to me last night, as I was falling asleep.
This is actually a combination of 5 polishes, but it's not as involved as you'd think. Here are the polishes I used...
1. Color Club Bewitching (my go-to black creme)
2. OPI Your Royal Shineness (a bright silver)
3. OPI Paris Couture for Sure (a holo top coat) - this is the bottle pic
4. OPI Crown Me Already! (a silver glitter top coat with large, mirror-finish hex glitter)
5. OPI Gettin' Miss Piggy With It (a mostly red glitter top coat with a little bit of silver glitter in the mix)
I started with a base coat of Bewitching. I then added a thin coat of Your Royal Shineness and a thin coat of Paris Couture for Sure. I then added another thin layer of Your Royal Shineness and Paris Couture for Sure. So there are 2 coats of each but they are layered. I then added a coat of Crown Me Already! and Gettin' Miss Piggy With It, and sealed the whole thing in with Diamont. Sounds like a ton of coats, right? Well all in all, it was 8 including topcoat, but being that I used extremely thin coats of each one, with the exception of Bewitching, which was just a normal coat, they were almost like half-coats. I used dry drops so it was dry within minutes. It only took me about 30 minutes, too.
Maybe tomorrow, I should step away from the glitter.