Be sure to check out all the cosmetics (including nail products) you can buy at Apothica.com!
- 2013 (3)
- Today's Nails - NerdLacquer It's Just a Flesh Woun...
- Blogger Round Up Reminder
- Today's Nails - HazeGlaze Mystique
- Today's Nails - Barielle Shannon's Attitude
- Today's Nails - Zoya Megan
- Candeo Colors Dolce
- Nail Shape
- Zoya Surf Collection Review
- Zoya Beach Collection Review
- Press Release - Zoya Beach & Surf
- Happy Saint Patrick's Day!
- Friday Blogger Round Up for 3/16/2012
- Today's Nails - Glitter Layering
- Today's Nails - Zoya Lolly
- Blog Maintenance Update
- Tie-Dyed Nails
- Yesterday's Nails - Zoya Robyn with OPI Gone Gonzo...
- Jessica Heavy Petal Collection Review
- Yesterday's Nails - Zoya Ki
- "The Revolution" Casting for Women with Nail Healt...
- Yesterday's Nails - BB Couture for Nails Adios MoF...
- The New Black Ombre Shades - Rover Review
- Yesterday's Nails: Crazy Navy
- Makeup.com 5 Tips for a Long-Lasting, Marathon Man...
- Blog Roll Maintenance and Blogger Round Ups
- Yesterday's Nails: Sunnyside Up!
- Nubar Polka Dots Collection Review
- Julep Oscar Collection Review
- 2011 (92)
- 2010 (223)
- 2009 (156)
Megan Williams (A Polish Problem). Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, March 13, 2012
3/13/2012 07:58:00 PM | Posted by Megan (A Polish Problem) | Edit Post
This manicure was inspired by a comment in one of my recent posts. Diana suggested topping a hot pink with gold glitter. I thought that was a perfect idea, though, just like all my ideas of late, it didn't work out exactly as planned.
I applied a version of this manicure last night using Illamasqua Collide and Lippmann Boom Boom Pow. Unfortunately, my bad luck with Collide continues and I could not get it to set. It was still wet when I was ready to go to sleep, so rather than deal with sheet marks, I removed it.
Today, I wanted to reapply the look, but I was still wary of Collide. I tried to find another hot pink, Julep Samantha, but it seems to be missing at the moment, so I went with Zoya Lolly, from their 2011 Mod Matte collection. But the base color alone didn't quite work for me (it's not as neon as Collide), so I added 2 thin coats of Klean Color Chunky Candy Holo (bottle pic). Chunky Candy Holo is such a unique glitter top coat. It is small mutli-chrome glitter that shift from pink to orange to gold in a bright pink sheer base. I then added a coat of my favorite glitter top coat, Lippmann Boom Boom Pow and topped the whole thing with Nubar Diamont.
Zoya Lolly is available from Zoya.com