Be sure to check out all the cosmetics (including nail products) you can buy at Apothica.com!
- 2013 (3)
- Today's Nails - NerdLacquer It's Just a Flesh Woun...
- Blogger Round Up Reminder
- Today's Nails - HazeGlaze Mystique
- Today's Nails - Barielle Shannon's Attitude
- Today's Nails - Zoya Megan
- Candeo Colors Dolce
- Nail Shape
- Zoya Surf Collection Review
- Zoya Beach Collection Review
- Press Release - Zoya Beach & Surf
- Happy Saint Patrick's Day!
- Friday Blogger Round Up for 3/16/2012
- Today's Nails - Glitter Layering
- Today's Nails - Zoya Lolly
- Blog Maintenance Update
- Tie-Dyed Nails
- Yesterday's Nails - Zoya Robyn with OPI Gone Gonzo...
- Jessica Heavy Petal Collection Review
- Yesterday's Nails - Zoya Ki
- "The Revolution" Casting for Women with Nail Healt...
- Yesterday's Nails - BB Couture for Nails Adios MoF...
- The New Black Ombre Shades - Rover Review
- Yesterday's Nails: Crazy Navy
- Makeup.com 5 Tips for a Long-Lasting, Marathon Man...
- Blog Roll Maintenance and Blogger Round Ups
- Yesterday's Nails: Sunnyside Up!
- Nubar Polka Dots Collection Review
- Julep Oscar Collection Review
- 2011 (92)
- 2010 (223)
- 2009 (156)
Megan Williams (A Polish Problem). Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, March 7, 2012
3/07/2012 08:52:00 PM | Posted by A Polish Problem | Edit Post
Okay, so calling this one "Yesterday's Nails" is a bit of a misnomer, as it only lasted about 30 minutes, but I wanted to show it to you nonetheless. In some regards, Zoya is one of the most tempermental formulas, IMO. I love the colors, but you have to really know what base/top coats work with Zoya and your body chemistry and Nubar Diamont, Zoya Ki, and my chemistry did not play nice with this one. It was still gooey after 30 minutes, so I gave up and took it off.
Again, I'm trying to use some older polishes in my NOTDs, and I've had this one for awhile. IMO, it is quite similar, IMO, to Zoya Adina, and I have to say that I think I actually prefer Adina. However, that said, it is a fabulous color. One that I would like to try again with the right combination of basecoat and topcoat. It is a beautiful smoky purple shimmer that shifts to green. The color shift was hard to get with my camera, but you can somewhat see it on the second picture. Normally, green-shifting polishes don't look all that great on me, but this one looked better than most.
The formula is thin and I had to use 3 coats to reach full opacity.
Hope you all don't mind the watermark on my photos. I know I've never used a watermark before, but I had to edit out a cut on my cuticle (trust me, you didn't want to see that), so I figured I'd play around with a watermark. I actually like it.