Be sure to check out all the cosmetics (including nail products) you can buy at Apothica.com!
- 2013 (3)
- Today's Nails - NerdLacquer It's Just a Flesh Woun...
- Blogger Round Up Reminder
- Today's Nails - HazeGlaze Mystique
- Today's Nails - Barielle Shannon's Attitude
- Today's Nails - Zoya Megan
- Candeo Colors Dolce
- Nail Shape
- Zoya Surf Collection Review
- Zoya Beach Collection Review
- Press Release - Zoya Beach & Surf
- Happy Saint Patrick's Day!
- Friday Blogger Round Up for 3/16/2012
- Today's Nails - Glitter Layering
- Today's Nails - Zoya Lolly
- Blog Maintenance Update
- Tie-Dyed Nails
- Yesterday's Nails - Zoya Robyn with OPI Gone Gonzo...
- Jessica Heavy Petal Collection Review
- Yesterday's Nails - Zoya Ki
- "The Revolution" Casting for Women with Nail Healt...
- Yesterday's Nails - BB Couture for Nails Adios MoF...
- The New Black Ombre Shades - Rover Review
- Yesterday's Nails: Crazy Navy
- Makeup.com 5 Tips for a Long-Lasting, Marathon Man...
- Blog Roll Maintenance and Blogger Round Ups
- Yesterday's Nails: Sunnyside Up!
- Nubar Polka Dots Collection Review
- Julep Oscar Collection Review
- 2011 (92)
- 2010 (223)
- 2009 (156)
Megan Williams (A Polish Problem). Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
3/21/2012 11:40:00 PM | Posted by A Polish Problem | Edit Post
Earlier today, I posted my review of Zoya's summer 2012 Beach collection. I now bring you the companion collection to Beach, Zoya's other summer collection, Surf. This is a collection of foil metallics, and it, like Beach, is absolutely fabulous...
These were sent to me for review
Carly - deep purple metallic. Of all the polishes in this collection, this is the one with the most variation in the shimmer. Rather than being simply silver or gold, the shimmer in this one is pink and blue. It's almost like a foil-y, lighter version of OPI Ink. This one had perfect formula and was almost a one-coater. It was also had the glossiest finish of the six polishes in this collection. 2 coats.
Kimber - bright, strawberry red-pink with golden shimmer. The shimmer in this one is golden, rather than silver, and it reminds me of a foil-y version of China Glaze Strawberry Fields. I loved this one on my nails and I can't wait to wear it as a manicure.
Meg - lime green foil. This one, like Tracie from Beach, had me struggling a little for a color descriptor. It's a little darker than what I consider a lime green, but it's very close. However, it's not as bright as Zoya Apple from last year's Sunshine collection. Zoya describes it as a "mermaid green", but in my mind, that means it has a good amount of blue in it, and this one has no blue. This one had a satiny finish due to the amount of foil. 2 coats.
Myrta - red-orange metallic. This one gave me the most problems in trying to describe it. It's not a true orange, and it's not a true red, and it's not a true pink, though it has elements of all 3. It kind of reminded me of OPI The Show Must Go On from the 2010 Burlesque collection, though Myrta is more orange-y and brighter. Like Kimber, this one had golden shimmer, though it is much more subdued in this polish. 3 coats, but it was fine at 2.
Rory - light pink foil. If Glinda the Good Witch had her own Zoya polish, this one would be it. This one had so much silver in the finish. The pink is light and very girly. I think this one would look fantastic in the summer. Like Meg, this one dried to a satin finish, because of the amount of foil in the polish. 3 coats.
Zuza - aquamarine metallic foil with faint golden shimmer. I think Zuza my second favorite in this collection, behind Carly. This one had a silvery foil finish and like Rory and Meg, it was also very satiny. The formula on this one was fantastic. 2 coats.
All in all, like with Beach, I am in love with this collection. Perhaps, I love it even more than beach. I stated that Carly and Zuza are my favorites, but honestly, there isn't a single color in this collection that I was "meh" about.
Zoya polishes are available at zoya.com and retail for $8 each. This collection, with Beach, should be available starting 4/1/2012.
To view my post on Zoya Beach, please click here.