Be sure to check out all the cosmetics (including nail products) you can buy at Apothica.com!
- 2013 (3)
- Candy Lacquer Polishes
- Autism Awareness Fundraiser & Giveaway Reminder (a...
- OPI Outrageous Neons Boxed Set Review
- Autism Awareness Giveaway!
- Jamberry Nails by Kate Review and Fundraiser
- KBShimmer Showgirl
- I'm now on Pinterest
- Deborah Lippmann Run the World (Girls) Boxed Set
- China Glaze On Safari Review
- Lush Lacquer Pink Panther
- Golden Lace Stamped Nails
- Nails Inc Black Taxi & Floral Street
- Zoya Diva NYFW 2012 Collection Review
- Zoya Gloss NYFW 2012 Collection Review
- Nails Inc Soho Square
- Deborah Lippmann Dream a Little Dream of Me
- Comparision - Deborah Lippmann Private Dancer vs. ...
- Suncoat Paint & Peel Polishes
- Nails Inc Cheyne Walk
- Deborah Lippmann Ray of Light
- Happy Fourth of July!
- Rockstar Nails Cotton Candy
- 2011 (92)
- 2010 (223)
- 2009 (156)
Megan Williams (A Polish Problem). Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, July 14, 2012
7/14/2012 09:00:00 AM | Posted by Megan (A Polish Problem) | Edit Post
For this manicure, I used 2 coats of Zoya Goldie as a base and then stamped a design using 2 stamping designs and Konad Special Polish in black.
I recently purchased Goldie during Zoya's 3 for $10 Share the Love promotion. I had been wanting to try it for quite a while, but never got around to purchasing it. Golds are so iffy with me. I have mentioned my love/hate relationship with gold polishes several times on this blog. I adore gold polishes in the bottle. Unfortunately, if the gold polish is a bright and strong shade of gold, it makes my hands look not-so-good. So, when I read on Zoya's website that Goldie is in the "cool" family, I thought maybe, just maybe, it would work my skin. Sadly, it gives me red-hands as well.
Because of this, I figured I would have to use Goldie as a base for layering or for nail art. That's when I decided to try this design. It had been floating around in my head for a few weeks, and I really love the way it came out. To create the lace, I first stamped the fishnet design from Konad plate m57. I then stamped the all-over roses design from Konad plate m65 over the fishnet. I then topped the whole thing with 2 coats of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri topcoat (it was still a little rough after one coat).
Zoya Goldie was purchased by me. The above link links to the product page for Zoya Goldie on Zoya's website and it is connected to my Share the Love account. When you make a purchase using my referral link, I will receive points which I can use towards Share the Love promotions. If you prefer not to use my Share the Love link, please go to www.zoya.com.