Be sure to check out all the cosmetics (including nail products) you can buy at Apothica.com!
- 2013 (3)
- Candy Lacquer Polishes
- Autism Awareness Fundraiser & Giveaway Reminder (a...
- OPI Outrageous Neons Boxed Set Review
- Autism Awareness Giveaway!
- Jamberry Nails by Kate Review and Fundraiser
- KBShimmer Showgirl
- I'm now on Pinterest
- Deborah Lippmann Run the World (Girls) Boxed Set
- China Glaze On Safari Review
- Lush Lacquer Pink Panther
- Golden Lace Stamped Nails
- Nails Inc Black Taxi & Floral Street
- Zoya Diva NYFW 2012 Collection Review
- Zoya Gloss NYFW 2012 Collection Review
- Nails Inc Soho Square
- Deborah Lippmann Dream a Little Dream of Me
- Comparision - Deborah Lippmann Private Dancer vs. ...
- Suncoat Paint & Peel Polishes
- Nails Inc Cheyne Walk
- Deborah Lippmann Ray of Light
- Happy Fourth of July!
- Rockstar Nails Cotton Candy
- 2011 (92)
- 2010 (223)
- 2009 (156)
Megan Williams (A Polish Problem). Powered by Blogger.
Friday, July 6, 2012
7/06/2012 08:00:00 AM | Posted by A Polish Problem | Edit Post
Nails Inc has recently come out with a line of "mirrored metallics", a set of 4 nail polishes designed with a "highly reflective mirrored metallic finish". Today, I have for you one of the 4 polishes, Cheyne Walk...
Cheyne Walk is a medium-toned purple metallic with a slight green duochrome shift. The duochrome was much more pronounced in the bottle, unfortunately. The above 2 pictures show 3 coats of Cheyne Walk worn alone, and while I love the color, I found it to be a little on the sheer side to wear by itself. I much preferred it layered over black...
These pictures show 2 coats of Cheyne Walk layered over 2 coats of Nails Inc Black Taxi. Layering it over black gives it an amount of depth that just couldn't be reached alone. I also was able to get the duochrome to come out and play a little better when it was layered (see my ring finger in the second picture).
Layered or not, however, I didn't really see the mirror finish. It's highly metallic, but, in my opinion, it's not exactly a mirror finish (though that is something that is almost impossible to achieve with polish alone). That said, it's a beautiful polish with my favorite part being the micro-shimmer.
Nails Inc Cheyne Walk is available at Sephora.com. Price is $9.50 per 0.33 fl oz bottle. There are 4 polishes in this small collection, though only 2, Cheyne Walk and Stratford are currently in stock.
Nails Inc Cheyne Walk was sent to me for review by Nails Inc's PR. The above link links to this product at Sephora.com and is not an affiliate links.