Be sure to check out all the cosmetics (including nail products) you can buy at Apothica.com!
- 2013 (3)
- Candy Lacquer Polishes
- Autism Awareness Fundraiser & Giveaway Reminder (a...
- OPI Outrageous Neons Boxed Set Review
- Autism Awareness Giveaway!
- Jamberry Nails by Kate Review and Fundraiser
- KBShimmer Showgirl
- I'm now on Pinterest
- Deborah Lippmann Run the World (Girls) Boxed Set
- China Glaze On Safari Review
- Lush Lacquer Pink Panther
- Golden Lace Stamped Nails
- Nails Inc Black Taxi & Floral Street
- Zoya Diva NYFW 2012 Collection Review
- Zoya Gloss NYFW 2012 Collection Review
- Nails Inc Soho Square
- Deborah Lippmann Dream a Little Dream of Me
- Comparision - Deborah Lippmann Private Dancer vs. ...
- Suncoat Paint & Peel Polishes
- Nails Inc Cheyne Walk
- Deborah Lippmann Ray of Light
- Happy Fourth of July!
- Rockstar Nails Cotton Candy
- 2011 (92)
- 2010 (223)
- 2009 (156)
Megan Williams (A Polish Problem). Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, July 26, 2012
7/26/2012 10:00:00 AM | Posted by A Polish Problem | Edit Post
A few days ago, I showed you Deborah Lippmann's boxed neon set, Run the World (Girls), and today, I have for you the other mini neon set out on the market, OPI's Outrageous Neons...
Set in the box. From left to right, contains a white base, yellow, orange, pink, and purple neons, and a topcoat.
Ridiculously Yellow - neon, daffodil yellow. This is the only one of the 4 that I showed over the white base (like with the Lippmann, I had streaking with the darker colors over white). It's a little brighter than it's Lippmann counterpart, being a daffodil yellow, rather than an egg yolk yellow. Picture shown is 2 coats over 2 coats of the White Base.
Formidably Orange - bright, red-orange neon. This one reminded me of a neon version of OPI A Good Man-darin is Hard to Find (much like the Lippmann). 3 coats.
Riotously Pink - bright pink neon. This pink is very bright, but it's not retina-searing like Orly Beach Cruiser. I think this one would look amazing with a black stamped design. 3 coats.
Seriously Purple - magenta purple neon. This one had a lot of red in the base, and reminded me of Zoya Charisma. 3 coats.
The formula on all of these was very similar. It took 3 coats to reach opacity. You will also want to wait a few minutes between coats as they are prone to drag.
My biggest issue with these is the size of the bottle. I never use up a bottle of polish, so the amount of polish you get (a eighth of an ounce) isn't my problem. It's just that the brush is so itty-bitty. :P I also found myself wishing for a different color, such as a blue or a green or a bright (non red) purple.
This OPI boxed set retails for $19.99, and can be purchased a supply stores, salons, and online.
OPI Outrageous Neons was purchased by me.